Monday, April 20, 2015

I Think I'm in Love!!! Or I'm an Emotional Disaster

April 13, 2015

In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure missionary work is bipolar lol. I spend a good part of my time loving it here, but I also spend some time wanting to cry cause I'm so stressed and frazzled. But I really am starting to love it. It's still super hot, and I'm still ALWAYS sweaty, and I still don't feel like I can speak any Tagalog, but it's ok cause I'm here doing what I need to be doing. I just need to make sure I get my sentence focuses right. I ended up saying "I know that you will help the Book of Mormon" to an investigator this week. OOPS!! But she got the gist, so it's ok XD

We got one of those cellphone service texts this week, and it was signed by...guess who...President Monson!!! Yeah, I kind of doubt that the prophet would be sending us texts about our cellphone service lol.

So, I've had a couple more firsts. I had my first MTC split on Wednesday, which was a lot of fun. I was so scared that they were going to split me and Sister Arcangel up! She seems like she's starting to get the area, but I'm still super lost. But, thank goodness, they didn't. We had a pretty good time though, so that was fun. I had my first General Conference in the mission field this weekend!! It was really nice, I was able to receive a lot of comfort and reassurance. Starting out in a whitewashed area has been difficult and I sometimes struggle to feel like I'm measuring up, but the talks that were shared were amazing and were what I needed.
I also ate my first Big Mac today!!! I can't believe I had to come clear to the Philippines to do that LOL. We had our district meeting this morning, so afterwards Elder Leilua (the district leader) treated us all to McDo's. I've never liked McDonald's, but today it was really good. I'm not sure if it's cause they cook the food differently in the Philippines, or if I'm just so excited to have a burger that even McDonald's is good haha.

I got compared to Elsa by some kids this past week. I think that just because I'm so white (seriously though--it's kind of ridiculous) they think that it's awesome. I personally thought I looked more like Anna then Elsa, but you know...people have different opinions ;D

The scripture this week is kind of different. Turn to Moroni 7:26. About halfway down the verse, continue the sentence across the page to verse 31: "And as surely as Christ liveth, bear testimony of Him." This is what I'm here to do. I know that Christ is my Savior, and that with Him by my side there isn't anything I can't overcome.

I've been reading Jesus The Christ in my personal study, and it has been such a blessing for me. On page 227, there was a quote that stood out to me this morning: "The Master chose them; they did not choose themselves; by Him they were ordained, and they could in consequence rely the more implicitly upon His guidance and support." I have been called by Christ to be here. I have His name on my nametag, and I am here to help others come closer to Him. I am so grateful for this opportunity. It definitely hasn't been easy so far, and I know it won't be easy in the future, but when I am being guided by my Savior it doesn't matter, because He will help me learn the things I need to.

Mahal ko kayo!!
XOXO
Sister Payton Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment