Saturday, February 21, 2015

God's Love is Wrapped Around - Week 3

Kumusta!!

Well this week has been interesting.  Not too many things have happened, mostly just studying.  I feel like the language is going over my head, but when we we're teaching an "investigator" (one of our teachers role playing) we somehow managed to teach a 45 minute lesson.  I think it was because Sister Latham did most of the talking, but I'm not complaining haha.

So, because Sister Latham is the district Sister Training Leader, I go to get mail with her twice a day.  Dear Elder letters are free and get to the MTC the next day...just throwing that out there ;)

dearelder.com

Sister Payton Maree Pectol
MAR25  PHI-QUE
2009 N 900 E Unit 142
Provo UT 84602
You know, just in case somebody wants to write me something XD

We go to the temple every pday, and last week we got to do sealings.  It was so cool!  It was my first time doing it proxy for someone, and it was a really cool experience.

So, during the week my eye started bugging me, and before I knew it my lower eyelid was swollen and irritated.  Apparently I'd gotten some bacteria in a glad and it was infected.  (Don't tell my mom, she'll get worried.  Joklang, momma )  The MTC doc just wrote out a prescription for an antibacterial eyedrops, so it's totally fine now.  No worries :)

Somebody said this week that every time missionaries get rained on, our future spouses get hotter.  If that's true, after serving in the Philippines I'll be coming home and marrying someone who looks like Ian Somerhalder or Hunter Hayes or something!!!

There's an elder here at the MTC who literally looks like John Travolta.  You know, from Grease?  Yeah, it's a little trippy.  Every time we see him, we start singing "Greased Lightning" or "Summer Love" or something.  It's pretty great X)

There was a day this week when all the girls in our room had kind of had a bad day, so we were talking after lights out, and one of the girls said she needed to throw something.  I told her she could throw her pillow at me and I would throw it back so she could sleep, but she said that wouldn't be good enough.  She told me she had an apple that she'd like to throw, so I (thinking she was being sarcastic) told her to go ahead and throw it, but just to make sure she hit the wall and not me.  All of a sudden, an apple splats the cinder brick wall right next to my face!!  Half of the apple landed in my lap, and the other half spewed across the floor.  IT WAS SO FUNNY!! After I got over my mini heart attack, I was laughing so hard I about fell off my bed.  I'm on the top bunk, so that might have been a little painful.

I was really struggling last pday night, so I got a blessing from one of the elders in our zone.  It was so powerful, and it was such a testimony to me of the power of the Priesthood, because I hadn't told him everything I'd been struggling with, but it felt as though he knew and was able to bless me with the comfort I needed to continue.
My week did improve a bit after the blessing, but there was one night that was really rough.  Two days before I entered the MTC, there had been a bit of a family crisis, and I was really worrying about that.  The night before I'd had nightmares about it, and then that day I was really struggling with the language.  When I got into bed I was just sick with worry about everything going on at home, and I was trying so hard to cry quietly.  I don't know if I was noisier than I thought or if she just had really good hearing, but suddenly one of the girls in our room was climbing up to the top bunk next to me and asking me if I was ok.  I said that I was just worried about things at home, and she asked if I wanted to talk about it, and I actually didn't but all of a sudden it all came out and then I was sitting on my bed sobbing my eyes out with Sis Hamson holding me, Sis Goodman (who'd asked if I was ok) rubbing my back, Sis Latham at the foot of the bed, and Sis Gibbs and Hansen standing by the bed.  They were all gathered around offering me comfort, and talking about the things that they were worried about at home too.  Somebody suggested a prayer, and Sis Hamson gave it.  It was one of the most sincere pleas I've ever heard.  I was already an emotional trainwreck, but that got everyone else crying too.  She talked about how we were all worried about things at home, and that we felt like we were the glue in our families, but that we needed Heavenly Father to be that glue cause we couldn't be there to support them.  It was an absolutely amazing prayer, and honestly offered so much comfort.  I'm doing fine now, and it was such a tender mercy!

So, the quote of the week comes from a letter Sis Latham got from her dad:  "I hope all is going well and you are learning the things you need to  but more importantly feeling the things you need to feel."

Scripture of the week is Alma 36:3 "...I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

I love you all!!
XOXO
Sister Payton Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment