Saturday, February 28, 2015

HALFWAY THROUGH THE MTC!!

As of this past Wednesday, I am halfway through my stay at the MTC!!  It's kind of a crazy thought, actually.  Part of me feels like it's only been a couple of days since I got dropped off at the curb, and the other part feels like it's been years.  I don't feel like I know any Tagalog, but hopefully it'll start coming soon...if not, I guess that's why we have trainers in the mission field!

Sister Latham's mom sent her a halfway-celebration-package with sparkling cider, and another of her friends sent cupcakes, so we had a celebration in our room last night.  We had way too much sugar and talked and laughed, so it was super fun.  The elders in our zone kept telling us that they were going to be having a nerf gun war, so we were all jealous, but oh well.

Sunday nights we get to watch movies, and this past week we watched Meet the Mormons.  It was really good, but there's one scene where a mom is dropping her son off at the airport for him to go on his mission.  I swear just about every missionary in there was crying at that point.  It was an emotional event.  David Archuleta sings this song at the end of that movie called 'Glorious', and it is literally my new favorite song.  When we're on the computers doing training or whatever, I'm listening to it.  I've probably listened to it 20 times this past week, and I don't even care.  I was struggling and feeling insecure about my language and everything, and that song just brought me a lot of reassurance.  It was really cool.

I GOT A TURTLE!!! Not a real one...those, sadly, are not allowed in the MTC.  My nanay (mom) sent an adorable stuffed animal sea turtle to me, and he's so cute!! I named him Snooze, cause he looks as tired as I always feel and I never get to hit the snooze button.




During the devotional on Tuesday, the speaker and another guy performed a piano duet.  It was a beautiful peace, and I actually received some really neat personal revelation during it.  I realized that I am like the piano, and God is the composer and performer.  I'm the noise maker, but I need to be in tune with Him and the Spirit so I can know the kind of music he wants to perform.  My weekly quote actually goes right along with this, and is from the choir director.  It was just a night full of lots of personal little reassurances and it was awesome.

So I'm kind of late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYD!!! It was last Sunday but I was behind on my dates and stuff.

So, this week, I made the unfortunate mistake of falling up the stairs...AGAIN.  It's so sad!!  Sister Latham was laughing so hard at me she could barely walk.  It wouldn't have been so bad if it wouldn't have been in front of a crowd of people.  But, oh well.  The girls in my district were all talking about their most embarrassing moments, and one of the girls said she just never really got embarrassed.  I said I was the exact opposite...I'm so clumsy and dweeby that I embarrass myself all the time, so I'm just used to it and nothing stands out to me X)

Our teacher, Sister Riddle, had her last day here yesterday.  We're all so sad to see her go!!  She's super fun and we all love her, but we're excited for her.  She's starting her career job, which is awesome, but we wish she could have stayed a little longer!!




I have figured out that life for a missionary is just full of miracles.  A couple nights ago I was keeping myself up worrying about home, and stressing about what was going on.  I just kept feeling that everything would be ok.  My Heavenly Father sure is patient with me, cause it was kind of a cycle.  I'd panic, then feel peace, then panic, then feel peace.  I repeated that pattern a couple of times before I finally fell asleep, but I just keep getting the reassurance that everything will be just fine.  It's so cool to feel that love and concern from my Heavenly Father.

I found out this week that apparently Jabba the Hut (you know, Star Wars) speaks Tagalog!!  I have no idea if that's true, but I am so going to find out when I get home!!

The quote for this week comes from Brother Egget, the choir director: "What are you worried about?  You're not doing anything important.  All you do is go around and tell the truth."

The scripture of the week is D&C 67:13-14 "...continue in patience until ye are perfected.  Let not your minds turn back; and when ye are worthy, in mine own due time, ye shall see and know."

Mahal ko kayo!!
XOXO
Sister Payton Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment