Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fasting Works!! 10 Investigators at Church, Burnt Pancakes, and Christmas Songs!

 Photo bombing...and us four sisters.
 




Yay for ward missionaries!





























Hi Everyone!!

 
Yes, it really happened...we had 10 of our investigators at church yesterday!!  WOOOOOOH!!!!  Me and Sister Udarbe opened our fast on Saturday, and especially prayed for our investigators to have a desire to come to church.  One of them we went and picked up, and the other ones were there when we walked in!!  We were so excited!  Heavenly Father really answers prayers :)
 

 

I am loving September in the Philippines, because in the Philippines, now is when Christmas celebrations start!!  I literally saw Christmas trees at Puregold when we did our grocery shopping last week...It's coming!!!  🎄  So in most of our lessons and all our companionship studies, our opening hymn has been from the Christmas section of the hymnbook :)  it's pretty much awesome.  But when we were doing our grocery shopping, Lady Antebellum came on the store playlist!  I hear mostly English music here, but not much country, so if I hear country it's definitely very difficult to resist the "babylonian music"!!

Last week was transfer week, and I DIDN'T TRANSFER!!!  I'm so happy because there are investigators here that I love so much and I know I haven't finished helping them yet.  And I get to finish training Sister Udarbe!  Sister Maravillo became an Sister Training Leader, so now it's me and Sister Udarbe, and Sisters Pakalani & Duque in the Taytay 1st ward.  It's so fun!

And my quote actually comes from Sister Pakalani's prayer over lunch the other day:  Please bless the beautiful hands that prepared this food, and bless Sister Udarbe and Pectol and Duque with gwapo (handsome) husbands and lots of beautiful children.  And please bless the burnt pancakes that they won't poison us.  Ok, the pancakes weren't that bad!!  Needless to say, we were all cracking up by the time the prayer was over...well, sometimes it happens.

My scripture actually comes from my personal study this morning.  I was actually feeling kind of discouraged, so I studied about hope in Preach My Gospel, and this scripture amazed me.  Ether 12:4 4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.  Really though.  Hope is so important, and when we ever feel discouraged, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are right there waiting for us.

Love from the Philippines!
XOXO
Sister Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment