Sunday, March 13, 2016

Language Struggles, Unity, and Promised Blessings



Hi all!!

It has been another really good but really busy week this week for us.  We have been so busy doing stuff for the mission that we literally only spent 3 days working in our area last week.  It's hard when you want to spend time in the area to help it progress, but I think Heavenly Father knows that we're trying to do as much as we can, so He really blessed us this week.  We were able to find a new investigator that is so golden and is so ready to be baptized, so we are very excited for her, and I have also seen a lot of personal miracles as well, which is amazing.
Last week I was really really struggling with feelings of inadequacy and stress about my calling.  I keep making mistakes and me and my companion weren't super united or getting along and I felt very overwhelmed.  Friday night I had a really long prayer and had a good talk with Heavenly Father about what was going on and what I was struggling with, and I asked Him to confirm to me that this call really is coming from Him and that there's a reason I'm here.  And as we went throughout the day on Saturday I could feel extra strength and support coming from Him.  I could truly feel the love of my Savior as I tried to remember His Atonement, and on Sunday I felt miracles happen all day; within myself, within our companionship and our unity, and everything.  It is amazing to me how well Heavenly Father knows us and how He is just waiting for us to turn to Him so that He can strengthen us. 
It was ward conference yesterday, and in Sunday School the stake president taught the lesson.  It was a very short but powerful lesson about what to do if we want miracles.  He told us all to think of a miracle that we want to happen and write it down, and then he would give us the way to make it happen.  He taught us that in order to receive blessings and miracles from God we need to faithfully obey His commandments.  He said that if we want to have an increase in blessings, we need to increase our faith and increase our obedience.  His testimony was so strong, and even though it was a really short lesson we all felt the Spirit testifying that what he was saying was true.  It was very powerful, and even though what I wrote would definitely be a miracle, I think that it will happen :)
Funny story of the week:  when we were in our Mission Leadership Council, Sister Revillo asked all of us how we were doing with our language.  One of the rules in our mission is English inside the apartment and Tagalog outside.  But it's a hard rule, so when she followed up with the zone leaders and the sister training leaders and saw that we weren't doing so great, we got a little bit of a scolding and she committed us to follow that rule with exactness in order to be an example to the other missionaries. So we've been doing that for a couple of days, and let me tell you, it is not easy!!  Ironically, I'm the one who's having the struggle.  Sister Consulta speaks very good English, so when we're inside the apartment she doesn't have a problem.  But I've gotten to the point that it's very rare that I speak straight English, so it literally takes all my brain power to have a full English conversation!  Maybe this is one of the changes that I'm experiencing here on the mission haha.
Alma 7:23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.  --Harriet Beecher Stowe
Love you all!  Have a great week!!
XOXO
Sister Pectol


The pictures are of us at MLC, and the night before spending our evening organizing and packing all of the 72 hour kit replacements we need to get to missionaries all over the mission.



Mission Leadership Counsil, March 11, 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment