Monday, February 22, 2016

No Transfer!! Leading and the Power of Testimony




Hello everyone!!

Well it's transfer week already, and I am thrilled to report that Sister Liguayan is not transferring!!!  I can't even tell you how much of an answered prayer that is for me; I am so not ready to lead the area and I don't really want a new companion haha.  So it worked out good, and I am very excited for this upcoming transfer :)

We had exchanges again this week (#STLlife lol) with the sisters in San Isidro.  It was great because they're close enough that we were able to work in our area as well, instead of just staying in their area.  Sister Liguayan told me that I would be leading here, so Wednesday and Thursday I brought my temporary companion to our area to work here.  It was great; we still got lost, but we did a lot of finding, so it was fun.  We literally spent both days tracting in our subdivision lol XD  I'm just glad it's allowed here, because some subdivisions we're not allowed to enter. But it was fun :)  knocking on almost every door we passed and talking to people in the street--it's crazy the things that I do here on the mission that I never would have done at home.  Lots of learning experiences :)

We had a crazy lesson on Sunday with an older couple that is Seventh Day Adventist.  We had two members working with us; our ward mission leader and one of the YSA sisters.  It was such a powerful lesson!!  They kind of wanted to do the whole Bible bash thing with us, but we just kept bearing our testimonies to them.  I could feel the Spirit so strong, and hearing the conversion stories of the others with me was amazing.  It was an intense lesson, but afterwards they agreed to read the Book of Mormon and come to church to see what it's like.  We have a return appointment with them this week and I am so excited!  Sometimes our investigators are definitely not easy, but I know that when we can just bear testimony it will help them to feel the Spirit and we will also be guided.

You are not called to serve in a place; you are called to serve in place of the Savior.  As a missionary, I have the name of Jesus Christ on my tag, right next to my name.  And I am so grateful every day for the opportunity that I have to be here and to do this amazing work.

Mosiah 5:15  Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen

Love you guys!!
XOXO
Sister Payton Pectol






No comments:

Post a Comment