Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy 1 Year! Custodian Duties, Still Remembered, and the Enabling Power of the Atonment

This week has been insane--we're so busy, and the time is going by so fast!  On February 4, I hit my one year mark in the mission.  It blows my mind that I've been out here that long!!  The time is going by so fast, and honestly I'm a little bit terrified that I'm so close to going home.  Even though I'm excited to see everyone again, I don't want to leave!!  I love being a missionary, and every day I learn new things.  But because there's only a short amount of time left, I'm just going to have to make every minute count while I'm still here :)


We had our district activity last Monday after emailing and got to go to this place called Cloud 9. It was so pretty!!  We got to climb up the hanging bridge and basically just spent the entire time taking pictures.  It was fun :)  I loved being able to get up above the city to see all the mountains and forest around.






We had the opportunity to do exchanges this past week with the sisters in Sumulong 2nd, which was actually my first area in the mission!!  It was so fun to be able to return to that area and to be able to see the change and the growth that I've experienced since I've been here.  I had the blessing of being able to give a quick hug to a couple of the members that I got close to, but they weren't the only ones that remembered me...even the woman who worked at the karenderia down the street from the apartment recognized me!  It was so fun!  But the apartment was so gross...Sister Liguayan and I literally stayed up late just so that we could scrub the cr (comfort room) so that it didn't make us want to throw up.  Jesus said in the scriptures that true love is giving your life up for your friends.....but I think scrubbing somebody else's disgusting cr for them is also pretty high on the list of love levels lol.  I guess working as a custodian before I came on the mission proved useful after all... #custodianskillz LOL

This week I've actually had a lot of stress to deal with as well.  I feel very inadequate for this calling that I now have, and like I'm not good enough to be here trying to set an example for the other sisters.  But my first week here, during my new district leader's follow up call, he reminded me of the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  He told me that even though it's so important that we rely on the Atonement to be able to repent of our mistakes and weaknesses, we also need to remember that the Atonement is what enables us to be our best.  That's something that has been on my mind a lot this week, and that I've really been praying for.  And I just keep feeling peace.  This calling isn't easy and I'm not enough for it by myself, but I know that my Savior is right by my side and He's not going to let me down.  I am not alone in trying to magnify my calling, and I know that He has been and will continue to give me the strength that I need.
Prayer is the passport to peace.  --President Thomas S. Monson
Psalm 116:1-2  I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications.  Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

I love you all!!  Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment