Sunday, April 24, 2016

Inspired Companionship and Fishing Stories



This week has been a really really hot and sweaty week...just sayin'.  I'm pretty sure we literally sweat buckets.  It's just great.. 😛
But we had some real miracles this week :)  I'm so glad that Sister Udarbe is my companion again because not only do we get along super well, but she is also a miracle worker.  I was feeling really discouraged with our area and really losing hope, so Saturday I fasted for help for our area.  It's so hard to fast and go without water while walking around knocking on doors and talking to people in the street all afternoon, but it's so worth it--before I had even closed my fast I started feeling more positive about the area and we were able to find a lot of new people to teach.  Heavenly Father really listens to us when we do our part :)
I also learned this week that fishing experiences can actually be a really good way to get to know investigators :)  We taught a part member couple on Tuesday who fed us dinner after the lesson; sweet and sour fish.  Come to find out he's been to the states multiple times to visit his kids, and while there he's done some fishing.  It wasn't long before we were talking about striped bass and trout and all that stuff; it was great! It got me excited to get back out on a lake haha.
3 Nephi 9:22  Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.  I'm so happy that I get to be here and get to help the other children of my Heavenly Father come unto Him :)  #bestthingever
If all you know is what you see with your natural eyes and hear with yoyur natural ears, then you will not know very much.--President Boyd K. Packer
I love you all!!  Have an amazing week!!
XOXO
Sister Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment