Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Whitewash! Suicide Socks and Extra Companions

Well my first week in Cainta has been pretty good, we're basically whitewashing here which means we're both new and don't really know the area yet, but we're getting there :) thank goodness Sister Gican got emergency transferred here a week before I came, so she has a little background in the area.  It's a bit of a harder area, but since Sister Gican goes home this transfer and I'm next transfer, we both are hoping to really help the area improve while we're still here.  (It's weird to be old in the mission--sometimes I feel like I just got here from the MTC.) 

So at the beginning of this week, I experienced a slightly terrifying but hilarious moment in our apartment.  We are in a condo on the 10th floor, and since the bunkbed is scooched up against the window and I'm on the top bed, I have a pretty good view of the other condo buildings.  The window is kind of big though and doesn't have a screen, so there's a pretty decent space that something could fit through.  When I was unpacking, I grabbed my very favorite fuzzy zebra socks and even though I meant to just toss them gently on the bed, they got excited or something and decided to take it farther.  So what basically happened is my very favoritest socks suicided out the 10th story window ðŸ˜© it was tragic.  But the thing is, the space is big enough that if I toss or turn too much in my sleep, I might fit through it as well...  So since then, that window has been closed and secured very tightly cause I would rather not accidentally roll off the 10th floor haha.

I've also had some experiences this week that have really confirmed to me that missionaries don't walk alone.  There are some parts of our area that have loiterers that sometimes get kind of sketchy, and being a white girl in the Philippines, I get a lot of not very nice attention sometimes.  One of my first nights here, I felt really heavy and kind of depressed because of all the things that were being said.  They weren't necessarily negative about me, but it was rude and discouraging.  When I started to feel those negative emotions coming on, I suddenly felt a sense of peace and Iknew that it wasn't just the two of us walking down that busy street.  There were others surrounding us, and as we continued to walk to our next lesson I was able to hold my head a little bit higher because I could feel that Heavenly Father didn't leave us alone to deal with that, but that He was sending us His angels to help us be strong ❤

Ether 12:33 And again, I remember that thou hast said that thou hast loved the world, even unto the laying down of thy life for the world, that thou mightest take it again to prepare a place for the children of men.  I am so grateful for the Savior's Atonement and for all that that means for us.  I have come to really know Him here in the mission, and I know that He is always with us when we let Him in.

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult.  You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.  Just for a little more humor XD

Love you all!!  Have a great week!!
XOXO
Sister Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment