Monday, May 30, 2016

Spiders! O.O Transfers, and Crazy Companionship Interventions



Hello everyone!

Well it is transfer week once again, and I found out from President yesterday that I will be going to Cainta, another STL area!!  I'm really sad that I'll be leaving Sister Udarbe again, and I will admit that there are a couple of things in the office that I will miss, but I'm looking forward to be able to actually work and focus in my area and to be able to focus on investigators :)

Crazy story....my mom emailed me last week about one of my missionary friends in the states who had a giant slug hitch a ride on their car.  She told me I needed to find something to beat that, and this week I did!  Sister Udarbe and I were in the middle of rearranging and deep cleaning our room, when suddenly I noticed this HUGE spider in the window!  Needless to say, both of us screamed and literally hurdle jumped across the room.  Thankfully, Sister Vaoesea, one of our kabahays, is for some weird reason not terrified of terrible monsters like that one, and chased it out for us.  If you would like a size comparison, she is about my size.  It basically traumatized us.  I might have actually prayed that night to be protected from crazy monster spiders...😬  So there you go, Mom (and Elder T)--I beat the slug!! :P most terrifying experience of my life....

Of course, we had some really good spiritual experiences this week as well :)  there's a companionship in our route that has struggled this whole transfer (it's a different companionship than the one I talked about before).  We had an emergency visit to them already earlier this transfer, and exchanges with them last week.  We thought the problem with their companionship was solved, but when they called late Saturday night we found out that it just got worse.  We woke up early Sunday morning to go to their apartment, and we literally spent all of Sunday morning trying to talk it through with them.  We took turns talking with each of them one on one and trying to understand what was happening.  Basically, neither of them wanted to adjust to the personality of the other and they were both struggling but not trying to understand each other and not being open.  After talking with both of them and getting both sides of the story, we told them that they needed to talk to each other and tell each other the exact same things they told us.  They locked themselves in the bedroom and we sat outside and waited.  We both prayed so hard that morning that they would be ok.  After a while, they opened the door and called us in.  They had both cried and there had been some yelling, but when they talked to us again they were both smiling and we could actually feel the Spirit in the room.  It is amazing to me that when two people can be humble and open and allow the Lord to touch their hearts, no matter what their differences are, they can make their companionship work.

People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.--Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Ether 2:25  And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come...  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given us all the tools that we need to survive life's storms :) we have the scriptures, church, and the words of living prophets to guide us, and I am so glad that He is always there for us when we reach out to Him :)

Love you all!!
XOXO
Sister Pectol


This is called a boodle fight.  it's supposed to have banana leaves, but we just used garbage bags XD you just dump the rice and ulam on the table and everyone goes for it.  it's only here in the Philippines that I learned rice is a finger food. 




No comments:

Post a Comment