Monday, July 11, 2016

1 Month na Lang... Spiritual Scoldings and Surprise Interviews

Hey all!

This week has been good, but also kind of sad..I said goodbye to Sister Gican Sunday night when the office elders came and picked her up.  She will do great things at home, but she will definitely be missed here in PQCM.  

We had our Mission Leadership Council last Friday, and it was the first MLC with the Kosters.  There are going to be a lot of things that will be different here in PQCM, but we could really feel that they were inspired :)  It was a really good opportunity for me to receive some personal revelation and guidance from Heavenly Father.  I think I've been complaining a lot about our area; not so much out loud but complaining in your heart is still complaining.  But while we were at MLC I basically received a scolding from the Holy Ghost as well as a lot of guidance on what I can do to improve.  I'm in a thrisome with my kabahays until my new companion gets here, so yesterday we worked in our area and while there I really tried to apply some of the things I'd been told: things like staying focused, being more effective with my time, etc.  We had a really good day, and I could feel that Heavenly Father was pleased with my efforts to improve.  Maybe that's one of the best things about being here:  I think I've really learned how to receive guidance on how to improve myself and act on it.  It's a long, slow, sometimes painful process to change into someone better than you were before, but it is so worth it when you can look back and see how far you've come :)

Yesterday when we were walking home, we were stopped by a student and one of his friends who asked if they could interview me.  It surprised me, but we agreed (it was for his English class).  He simply asked what the Filipino values were that I've adapted here.  Simple question, but because I wasn't expected it my brain basically quit working and I just looked at them for a second and said "Ummmm..."  (I'm really intelligent sometimes with my responses).  Finally I came up with a couple of things that I've adapted and then as he wrote down my answers and name we introduced ourselves as missionaries and gave them pamphlets to take home to their families.  It was just an unexpected opportunity to share the gospel, and we don't know if they're in our area but we gave them our number and invited them to church so hopefully they'll come :)  It was also a good opportunity for me to reflect on the things that I have adapted since I've been here, and I am very grateful for the opportunity that I've had to serve in the Philippines.  It's been hard; my mission has challenged and stretched me in so many ways, but I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to grow here.

Regardless of your calling, you are always a leader, and you area always a follower.  --Stephen W. Owen.  Leadership callings are difficult and are sometimes very high pressure, but as we follow the example of Jesus Christ I've learned that He will be the One that transforms our weak and imperfect attempts into successes :)

Doctrine and Covenants 1:8  And verily I say unto you, that they who go forth, bearing these tidings unto the inhabitants of the earth, to them is power given to seal both on earth and in heaven, the unbelieving and rebellious.

Love you all!  Have a fantastic week :)
XOXO
Sister Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment