Wednesday, July 20, 2016

It's Going Too Fast

This past week has been really good...I met my new companion last Wednesday, Sister Collins from Samoa :) she is an absolute doll and I am loving it so far.  The only thing she does that's not good is she keeps reminding me how little time I have left.  I looked at the calendar earlier and realized that I have exactly 3 weeks before I will be boarding the plane to go home.  I think it's time for me to admit something: I've basically lied to myself for the past 2 months and told myself that I actually have a lot longer to be a missionary.  I've been living in denial, peeps.  But when I saw the calendar today and saw how little time I have left, I had a slight panic attack.  Don't get me wrong; I'm excited to see my family and friends and watch movies and listen to my favorite music and do all that, but I can't even express how much my mission has impacted me and how un-ready I feel to have it end.  

I keep trying to think of things to write but my mind is blank...I don't know yet what to think about haha.  I guess the only thing that I have to say is if you are debating about going on a mission, stop debating and DO IT.  It is so hard but it is literally a miracle that can happen over a 2-year or 18-month period and it is absolutely life changing.

I literally can't think of anything, so here's my spiritual thought and quote for this week :)
D&C 6:8 Verily, verily, I say unto you, even as you desire of me so it shall be unto you; and if you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation.

A person could not give a crust to the Lord without receiving a loaf in return.  --Marion G. Romney

Love you all!  Have a great week!!  Go out and do some missionary work :)
XOXO
Sister Pectol
p.s. Sorry no pics again...I'll make up for it next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment