Sunday, January 17, 2016

Attitude Changes, Rejections, and Miracles


Hi everyone!!
Sorry, I'm saying it again, but this has been another absolutely fantastic week here in PQCM!  I've seen a lot of changes in myself and miracles in our area, and I am constantly amazed.
We spent a lot of time trying to find new investigators this week, and we actually had one of the branch missionaries working with us on Friday.  We spent that whole afternoon tracting with her...and the whole afternoon getting rejected.  Well, at least she's experiencing the full range of missionary life lol.  It makes me laugh sometimes the way that Heavenly Father works with us.  Fortunately I have a companion who also has a sense of humor, so even though we got rejected most of the day we just joked around with each other about it.  But I've learned that sometimes Heavenly Father doesn't bless us immediately for our efforts.  We only found a couple of new investigatorsFriday afternoon.  But then on Saturday, we were tracting again in a different part of our area, and we found so many people that were willing to listen to our message!!  Most of our new investigators this past week are from our efforts on Saturday.  I really do believe that Heavenly Father was just letting us prove to Him that even if we got rejected, we would still work hard.
I have also been blessed to see some big changes within myself as well.  Sometimes it's really easy to get discouraged, and even though I'm not a negative person, sometimes when we get rejected it makes me feel like it doesn't do any good to try.  But I keep finding extra little bits of motivation and hope that I didn't know I had, and it's helping me to truly give my all to Heavenly Father.  And the cool thing is, when we give our all to Him, He gives His all to us.
D&C 50:13-14  Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question--unto what were ye ordained?  To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth.
When you were set apart by priesthood authority, you received the right and privilege to represent the Lord...Honor Christ's name by your actions.  This comes from my personal study this morning in Preach My Gospel.  I love being a missionary!! 
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
XOXO
Sister Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment