Sunday, January 24, 2016

Happy 20th Birthday!!!! #feelingseriouslyold



Hello everyone!!
Once again, I had an amazing week here in PQCM.  For one thing, I had my 20th birthday!!  I FEEL SO STINKIN' OLD.  I seriously think I was having arthritis a couple of days ago 😲 Lol but it was a good day.  Because it was zone training, the zone leaders surprised me with a birthday cake that everyone got to eat after the workshop.  Then me and Sister Cuales went and got another one from Goldilocks.  Our first appointment that afternoon was at our recent converts, so after our lesson they all sang happy birthday to me X) it was fun.  One of our family traditions is that we have Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast on our birthday.  Well, we were in a bit of a rush that morning, so no pancakes, but I got them the next morning.  I'm pretty sure that it was technically still my birthday in America, so it was ok XD  I just felt like I got an extended celebration lol.


And we got another surprise the next day when the Sister Training Leaders came to do exchanges!! We were surprised to see them this early in the transfer, but it was fun to be able to work with them.  I got to work with Sister Tea, and we had a great day together.  We were able to find some new people to teach and contact a referral from a member, so it was good.  And I always learn so much from exchanges, so it was awesome to have that.
And I continue to see miracles in myself and in this area.  One of the things that we have been working on is trying to find new investigators to teach.  It's rare that we get member referrals here, so we spend a lot of time walking, knocking on doors and talking to people on the street.  It's actually sometimes really hard to do that.  Sometimes it's easy to feel really shy and to feel scared, but me and Sister Cuales have both been trying to work on that, and to be more bold in opening our mouths.  And as we've done so, we've really seen the miracles.  We've been able to find so many more people to teach, and it's such a testimony to me of the fact that Heavenly Father always blesses us when we try to keep His commandments.
Deeds, not words--and becoming, not describing--are dominant in true discipleship.  We can't just say that we're disciples of Christ.  If we really want to be disciples, we have to put our words into action.  Sometimes it's really hard, but I'm really learning that when we do, we can truly see His hand in our lives.
Psalm 27:1  The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Love you all!!
XOXO  Sister Payton Pectol

No comments:

Post a Comment