Monday, January 11, 2016

No Transfer!! Piggy Investigators and the Joys of Missionary Life

Hello everyone!!
I say this every time, but this was another great week in PQCM!!  It is transfer week, but I am thrilled to say that I will still be here in Morong with Sister Cuales as my companion!  Woooo!! 

I did make a fool of myself this week in one of our lessons though.  We randomly tracted a house trying to find new investigators, and they let us in to teach a short message.  The guys name was something like Buboy, so since I was the one praying and they'd complimented me on my language I was trying to be nice and clear in my Tagalog to try to help them feel the spirit.  Well, it was going great, until I said "Please bless brother Baboy".  For those of you who don't know, baboy means pig....oops.  Lesson learned?  Don't compliment the foreign missionaries on their language skills, because if you do, they will accidentally call you a pig in the prayer hahaha.
I also had the coolest experiences in church on Sunday.  One of our focuses here to help the district become a stake is on less active priesthood holders.  One of the families we've been focusing on is a great family, and everyone except the dad is super active.  He's a tricycle driver, and he always tells us that he doesn't come to church because that's a time that he makes most of his money, and the money that he makes goes directly to buy food for the next day.  In one of our lessons, we made him the promise that if he would at least come to sacrament meeting, he would still have enough money, because he would have Heavenly Father helping him as well.  And he came!!  It literally made my day.  But it's so true that when we put Heavenly Father first and obey His commandments, He will help us with our needs.

The other experience was when I passed the sacrament over to our recently baptized couple.  As I watched them partake of the sacrament, I felt the Spirit testify to me so strongly how important that was.  Because they've now made those baptismal covenants with God, they have His promise that as long as they are worthy they will always have His spirit with them.  And as they were eating the sacrament, I felt so strongly that they were exactly where they needed to be, and that by doing those things they will continue to feel that spirit with them always.


We become most ourselves when we are most true to God and to one another.  I really do know that if we truly lose ourselves in the service of God and of others we will find our best selves, and we will be even better than we ever thought we could be.
Revelation 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
I love you all!! Have a great week!!
XOXO
Sister Pectol




No comments:

Post a Comment